CUYAHOGA COUNTY SOLDIERS’ AND SAILORS’ MONUMENT COMMISSION ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING OPEN POSITIONS
Part-Time Monument Caretaker
Location: 3 Public Square, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Reports to: Executive Director
Hourly rate: $12.00-$14.00
Hours: 20 per week. Scheduling may vary weekly and by season and will include evenings, Saturdays, and/or Sundays and special events.
QUALIFICATIONS: A love of American History and the desire to assist in the preservation and maintenance of a nationally significant Civil War Monument and to teach the public about its importance. Honorably discharged veterans preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred; prior successful experience working with the public; good communication and research skills including ability to conduct tours and engage the Public; basic computer skills (i.e. – Microsoft Office); ability to climb and work from a 15 foot ladder; operate and routinely maintain various hand and yard tools; possess basic handyman skills including gardening. Ability to work in tight spaces with limited access. Prior success in online engagement though social media preferred; mastery of social media platforms (i.e. – Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat) preferred.
RESPONSIBILITES: Under the direction of the Executive Director and the President of the Monument Commission, and working with other Monument employees, including guiding volunteers, the candidate will participate in:
1) Safeguarding the Monument, its property, and collections as onsite watchperson. This includes regular inspections of the Monument condition and its changes over time.
2) Guiding visitors through interpretation; communicating with the Public by telephone and online, addressing inquiries, and handling retail sales.
3) Conducting and assisting with designated research projects of the Monument.
4) Caring for, cleaning, and routinely maintaining the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument; tasks include but are not limited to: collecting and disposing of rubbish; laying out and installing flowers in the designed gardens with weeding and care thereafter; removing snow and ice from the steps, esplanade and walkways; caring for, cleaning and maintaining the interior of the Monument, including the basement, and Memorial Room.
5) Helping to maintain our online presence through social media and aiding in the creation of content.
Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument Commission
Attn: Greg Palumbo, Executive Director
401 Euclid Ave., Suite 46
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
ALL OFFERS ARE CONTINGENT ON PASSING A DRUG TEST AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION